Thursday, February 12, 2009

the new stimulus package

I can appreciate when republicans and others say the bill was full of pork. I think it was too. I disagree with the tax cuts...no company in the nation is going to create jobs unless there is demand. I do think giving money to groups like ACORN is a joke, I hope that bit is gone.

But here is the thing about this bill... the money that would have helped female dominated industries like teaching has been cut and this bill provides almost no relief for women who need work. It is too little too late and my heart is in my throat most of the time now. I am under employed working at commission only insurance sales. I like the job but the charge backs are killing me. I need something more stable and I do not have any hope that this new bill will open up my options. Maybe if I could do construction? But I can not.

So what it this bill is going to put women back to work? Doesn't anyone realize that we are the poorest segment of society? We are the ones raising the kids and we are the ones most likely to be underemployed and uninsured.

Is there anyone competent in the Obama administration? Did no one realize they would have to govern after they "won"?